OpenCOBOL TODO †
Pending requests †
Handling of EBCDIC files †
Check the record size †
READ statement should check the record size.
Partial expression in the EVALUATE statement †
(2004-02-19: feature request: EVALUATE: partial-expression)
Other features to be implemented †
Intrinsic functions †
Many functions implemented. See Features.
SCREEN SECTION †
Too many things to do. TinyCOBOL has better support of this.
Update: OpenCOBOL 1.1 has initial support for SCREEN SECTION. There is still some work to do, but no longer "too many things".
Embedded SQL †
Frank Polscheit posted his implementation of SQL preprocessor. (2004-02-17: SQL pre-processor for OPEN-COBOL)
Firebird (firebird.sourceforge.net) has a SQL preprocessor for their database.
New backends for INDEXED files †
- Alternative to BerkeleyDB?
- In OC 1.0, we have experimental support for C-ISAM, D-ISAM and VBISAM.
Error checking †
- If the VALUE clause does not match to the picture, maybe we should print warnings.
- Type checking with each statement.
Most statements do not check the type of thier parameters. We should do it at the beginning of each cb_emit_* functions.
- Strict error checking depending on the standard
- Use `error' token in the parser for better error recovery
Improvement of compiler internals †
- Several things have been done. There is always room for improvement.
More inlining of run-time functions †
- We do inline a number of functions when optimization option is specified to the compile.
Last-modified: Sun, 01 May 2011 11:29:57 GMT (749d)